Multicultural Gators gathered to shimmy and shake on stage for the 2010 Volunteers for International on Student Affairs Talent Show Thursday night.

Dancers from various groups, including Dancin’ Gators, Club Creole, Sabor Latino and the African Student Union, performed their dance routines in hopes of showing the audience about cultural dances from around the world.

About 1,800 students and supporters cheered and stomped their feet as the dancers flipped, spun and Gator chomped across the stage.

India Inc., an Indian dance team, won first place again this year.

The Filipino Student Association dance team took second place.

Parita Patel, director of the VISA Talent Show, said the talent show was all about portraying  the different cultures of all the groups.

“I think they did a really good job out there,” Patel said.

UF freshman Daniela Guzman said she came to the show to support her friends in Sabor Latino, the Latin dance troupe.

“I think it’s a really interesting  cultural experience,” Guzman said.

The teams performed routines ranging from traditional folk dances and sensuous couples’ dances to hip-hop routines and songs by the Backstreet Boys and the Pussycat Dolls.

VISA partnered with Gators United for Haiti for its International Month to help raise funds to send to earthquake victims in Haiti.

Patel said the dancers and their supporters raised about $1,200 at the talent show.

Supporters for each team could put quarters and bills into a jar for each team.

The team with the most money in its jar by the end of the talent show’s intermission got an additional two points added to its score.

Gators United for Haiti president Sky Georges thanked attendees for their help and support.

“I’m just really thankful for everyone who’s been donating and continuing to support us,” Georges said.

He said it was his first time coming to the VISA Talent Show, but he really liked what he saw.

“I thought it was amazing,” Georges said. “I had a great time.”