The Florida women’s golf team will head to the Southeastern Conference Championship Tournament this weekend in Tuscaloosa, Ala.

The tournament will be held at the North River Yacht Club for the first time in SEC history.

This will be coach Jan Dowling’s first trip to the tournament with the Gators, who are looking to bring home a ninth SEC title.

“This team is extremely deep, and it is something that I am very excited about and something that we have been very excited about all year,” Dowling said. “Everyone on our team has the potential to win and that is a great asset to have.

“When your No. 1 player and your No. 5 player can win the tournament, that just shows how much depth you have. It’s going to be a great race this weekend … no one is going to run away with this from what I can tell.”

The squad will be led by freshman Mia Piccio and will consist of junior Jessica Yadloczky, sophomores Evan Jensen and Marika Lendl and freshman Isabelle Lendl.

The Florida men’s golf team will also be participating in the SEC Tournament, and it will be at the Sea Island Golf Club in Sea Island, Ga.

The Gators will be looking for the program’s 13th championship crown.

Florida is coming off a second-place finish at the BancorpSouth Intercollegiate after struggling in its previous three tournaments, as it highest result among those was a seventh-place finish at the John Hayt Invitational the first weekend of March.

The Gators will be led by seniors Tyson Alexander and Tim McKenney, both of whom have participated in the tournament in previous years.

No. 8 Florida will be the highest-ranked team entering the tournament and is one of four teams in the SEC ranked in the top 25 — No. 9 South Carolina, No. 14 Georgia and No. 21 Alabama.

The Florida men’s squad has not won the conference tournament since 2003.