For the second-straight practice, wide receiver Carl Moore was not on the field.

Unlike Monday when nobody seemed to know why, Florida offensive coordinator Steve Addazio had an answer Wednesday.

“He’s just working on some personal business right now,” Addazio said.

Unfortunately, he did not know much more.

When asked if he would be back this spring, Addazio repeated that sentiment.

Then, when asked if it was related to the back injury that kept Moore off the field the entire 2009 season, Addazio again answered that it’s just “personal business.”

The redshirt senior was the leading candidate heading into the spring to win the starting Y receiver job next season.

Moore came to UF as a five-star junior college recruit, according to Rivals.com, but has failed to live up to the hype. In his first season at Florida, he caught only 14 passes for 184 yards and one touchdown.

Wilson Missing: Offensive lineman James Wilson was also not at practice Wednesday.

Addazio said Wilson was dinged up but wouldn’t specify what the injury was, saying only he would be fine.

The redshirt junior, also a five-star recruit, was competing with Maurice Hurt for the only open offensive line spot at guard.

Wilson started four games early last season before losing the job to Hurt, who was later pulled to make room for Xavier Nixon at tackle and to move Carl Johnson to guard.

Okine at tight end: Addazio has publicly stated his desire for the I-form to be part of the Gators’ offense since last spring, and while it wasn’t used much in 2009, Florida is expected to run it more with John Brantley at quarterback.

A big part of using it will be the development of young tight ends — redshirt freshmen Desmond Parks and Jordan Reed and freshman Gerald Christian.

However, Addazio has two players in mind to add to the list: offensive tackle Matt Patchan and defensive end Earl Okine.

Patchan is recovering from a torn ACL, but Okine worked on route-running after practice. Even though Okine was getting his hands ready to play tight end, Addazio doesn’t expect many designed pass plays if Okine is on the field on offense.

“We won’t be majoring in throwing him the ball, what you want to watch is him take the end and go ‘Bam,’” Addazio said.