Swimsuit trends for the spring

We’ve all been asking for it. Day after day, I’ve seen many of my friends plead with Mother Nature for warmer weather via Facebook. Well, guess what kids? The Florida we all know and love is back and looks like it’s here to stay.

I, myself, was enjoying the first five minutes of my 20 minute walk to class this afternoon. However, as I sat in my class in my sweat-drenched clothes (ew, I know, but don’t act like it hasn’t happened to you!), I couldn’t help but longingly daydream about swimsuits. You know, the ones we didn’t get to wear over spring break?

So, I figured with the roughly 5-6 months of summer we have coming up (it’s Florida, let’s be honest, we get one week of Spring and another of Fall…) I thought what better time than the present to discuss bathing suit trends.

The one-piece

For those of you who like to keep somewhat covered, the one-piece is your go-to item. Luckily, one-pieces have evolved and are much more fashionable than they used to be. Last year, the monokini took over the beach like wildfire. Designers have evolved the monokini into this year’s cutout one-pieces. Check out some of my favorites from Victoria’s Secret and Net-A-Porter.

The bikini

Bikinis are to swimwear what stilettos are to footwear; you can’t have one without the other. This timeless fashion has been evolving for decades. There are a few popular styles for bikinis this season, such as, the one-shoulder top, the ever popular bandeau, the racer back and the wrap halter.

Trends

There are quite a few trends to make your bikinis and one-pieces stand out this season. Jeweled embellishments, animal prints, florals, ruffles, stripes and many more will be seen on all of the beaches this summer.

Whether you’re spending your summer on the beautiful beaches or your apartment’s pool, which suit will you be wearing?

PS- Gainesville Fashion Week is just a few days away. Do you have your tickets yet?