Frozen yogurt is so four days ago.

Yum Cupcakery opened its oven doors on Monday, creating an infectious demand for a new kind of treat: cupcakes.

The bakery, 3345 SW 34th St., is owned by twin sisters, Stephanie and Claire Browning.

While both are UF alumnae, neither have a degree in baking. After graduating last May with degrees in classical studies and anthropology, the sisters decided it wasn’t the right time for graduate school.

“We’ve always loved to cook and bake,” Stephanie Browning said. “We’ve wanted to do this since we were little girls. We thought, let’s just do this now.”

The options for customers’ taste buds are endless. There are 103 toppings, 30 different frostings and 18 flavors of cake, including carrot, red velvet and banana.

Yum Cupcakery also offers light, vegan, gluten-free, raw and 10 regular gourmet flavors.

Raw cupcakes are nutritious, egg-free and made with no animal products or ingredients heated above 115 degrees. Light cupcakes are half the calories of regular cupcakes.

On opening day, the bakery sold about 50 cupcakes, and the second day it sold about 75, Stephanie said. Customized cupcakes range from $2 to $3 and include the cake, filling, frosting and topping, Stephanie said.

“It’s completely customizable and cheaper,” Claire Browning said. “It’s a better value for a more enjoyable experience.”

Claire said future plans include offering tea sandwiches, a sweets buffet and a custom soda bar with homemade Italian soda. The bakery is also planning to offer a delivery option, and customers will soon be able to place orders online at their Web site, TheYumShop.com.

“It’ll be like making your own pizza, but way cuter,” she said.