“If you want a revolution, the only solution: evolve, gotta evolve.”

And if you want the words to that song out of your head, I suggest you do the same.

Anyone who has seen, or even heard the new Gatorade commercial, featuring Kevin Quinn’s song “Evolve,” knows what I’m talking about. It’s just so damn catchy.

Ever since it jingled its way through my eardrums, it’s all I think about. I’ll catch myself singing it in the car, in the shower, in class and even on the can.

But, in all seriousness, when was the last time anyone heard a jingle on TV?

Companies seem so concerned nowadays with completely irrelevant gimmicks and characters that they draw attention away from the product. Certain insurance-pushing geckos, offended cavemen and unemployed ducks come to mind right about now.

So, to alleviate my curiosity, I called into Gatorade to see what gave the company the nerve to commission such subliminal weaponry. Unfortunately, the representative couldn’t give me any information. Apparently, she was too busy trying to get the song out of her head, too.

But really, not since Oscar Meyer have we heard such charisma for a food product. It gets you thinking, maybe he does have a way with b-o-l-o-g-n-a. And maybe to have a revolution, we do need a solution of sugar, water and electrolytes. And you, too, can evolve past grape drink.

But maybe it does help. Maybe we’re straying away from the irrelevant, dry humor presented to us between 15-minute stretches of SportsCenter. Maybe we’re getting back to the days of advertising when the ad actually has something to do with the product it’s selling. Watch out, advertising majors. Your quirky, pseudo-creative ads are a dying breed.

I just wonder what they’ll think of next. How about a jingle for steroids?

“If you never wanna lose, the only thing you gotta use is juice, gotta get some juice.”