HOOVER, Ala. – The Gators hope they didn’t just play their last away game.

No. 4 UF will travel back to Gainesville today following its 5-2 loss to Alabama (37-21) in the Southeastern Conference Tournament semifinals at Regions Park. The loss ends a seven-game road trip, and the Gators will likely play the rest of their games in Gainesville unless they reach the College World Series in Omaha, Neb.

Florida (42-15) is expected to receive one of the eight national seeds in the NCAA Tournament, meaning the team would host a regional next weekend and, if the Gators advance, a super regional in two weeks.

Of the 11,542 fans in attendance Saturday, most dawned crimson and white. Last weekend in Columbia, S.C., the Gators played in front of just under 8,000 Gamecocks fans for three games.

UF was 4-3 during its road trip, and the team said it did not mind playing away from Gainesville.

“It’s a lot of fun being on the road,” center fielder Matt den Dekker said. “We play baseball. It’s what we love to do.”

The Gators also had to deal with varying game times in Hoover this weekend. When a rain delay pushed the first game back more than an hour on Friday, UF’s late-night game turned into an early-morning affair as the team did not beat Vanderbilt until after midnight.

Florida’s game against Alabama started at 1:37 p.m. Saturday, just 13 hours after its last contest. But, again, the team did not use that as an excuse for its loss.

“That’s our job – to play baseball,” junior Josh Adams said. “Doesn’t matter what time we get done. We get up the next morning and keep working hard.”

Regardless, the team looked tired today as Alabama starter Adam Morgan held Florida to two runs in a seven-inning complete game. In their last matchup with Morgan on May 8, the Gators chased the hurler after scoring six runs in 4.1 innings.

And, whether the Gators will say so, the team is much better in McKethan Stadium than away from it. UF is 28-3 in home games versus 14-12 in games away from Gainesville.

“We are looking forward to getting home,” coach Kevin O’Sullivan said. “Obviously our record reflects that…. We play awfully well in front of our home crowd.”