Another pair of gas stations has fallen victim to the same credit card-skimming scam that stole credit card information from customers of two Newberry Road gas stations earlier this month.

This time, two Kangaroo stations were hit.

According to a Gainesville Police Department press release, the stations were located at 3424 SW Williston Road and 1255 W University Ave.

Two skimmers were found at each station.

“If you’ve used a gas pump anywhere in Alachua County and you’ve used your credit card, you’re at risk,” said Lt. Stephen Maynard, public information officer for the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office.

Credit card skimmers are hard drives that steal and store credit card information. Recently, three of these devices were found at the Shell and Sunoco stations on Newberry Road, near the Interstate 75 exit.

Maynard reiterated that the skimmer installations are the work of a national or even an international criminal organization.

“It’s occurred all over the nation in almost every state,” he said.

A group that ran an operation similar to the one that is terrorizing gas stations in Alachua County was recently busted in California, Maynard said. The identity thieves are suspected of buying up to $48 million worth of merchandise with the stolen credit card numbers.

Sheriff’s officers have no plans to guard the stations because they do not have the personnel to do so, he said.

People who have been victimized by the skimmers should immediately notify law enforcement officials and their banks.

“We’re obviously frustrated,” Maynard said. “But we also recognize how difficult it is to catch this group of individuals. We’re talking about an international crime organization.”

Cpl. Tscharna Senn, public information officer for the Gainesville Police Department, said they are currently investigating 20 to 25 cases related to credit card skimming.