Wednesday was the third annual One Less Car Challenge, hosted by the UF Office of Sustainability.

Students, faculty and staff celebrated efforts to reduce single-occupancy vehicle use.

The campaign, which runs until Nov. 19, encourages students, faculty and staff to take advantage of alternative transportation options on campus.

"We can all do our part to make a difference here on campus," Student Body President Ashton Charles said. "If we work towards a more sustainable campus, not only will we make this university a better place, but the Gainesville community as well."

About 50 people gathered on the North Lawn to decorate cupcakes, learn how to change tires and learn about alternative transportation options available at UF.

Leah Chapman, a fourth-year religion and political science senior, works as an intern with the Office of Sustainability.

"We're trying to be out here to connect the loop with everyone," she said. "It's a good way for us to get our message out and show people the small ways they can make a difference in the world and a difference in the UF community and in Gainesville."