UF students no longer have to leave their dorms to go grocery shopping.

Dormzy.com is an online grocery service that caters specifically to college students.

The idea is to be a replacement for on-campus grocery stores, which are often overpriced and understocked, said CEO Chris Sammons.

The website began shipping to UF in September, after launching at the beginning of the fall semester.

“Our goal is to provide a fast, convenient and more affordable way to do your grocery shopping,” said Dormzy spokeswoman Brooke Lleonart. “It’s great for people who don’t have any transportation, and we save the freshmen in dorms the long walk with no car.”

Items bought from the site are shipped from Columbus, Ohio, via FedEx, and take one or two business days to arrive.

Because the items ordered have to be shipped, foods that have to be refrigerated are not available through Dormzy.

The site sells more than just groceries, as well. It has toiletry items such as body wash and deodorant, along with other items such as pain medications and laundry detergent.

In addition to selling these items, the site also has care packages, or bundles of items that are geared toward a specific occasion.

For example, their “Good Luck on Exams” care package is filled with energy-related items like Red Bull, Monster, 5 Hour Energy, snacks and easy-to-make foods like ramen noodles.

The site started out selling 600 items and has been constantly expanding, Sammons said.

Dormzy’s prices are typically 20 to 40 percent cheaper than on-campus convenience stores, Lleonart said.

Comparing prices at Provisions On Demand, the store on the ground floor of the Reitz Union — the price for Campbell’s Chunky soup is $3.79, whereas the price on Dormzy for the same item is $2.79.

However, the same type of Bounty paper towels that are available on the site are available in the Florida Bookstore for cheaper.

Dormzy also caters to non-students.

Lleonart said that people fresh out of college and even the elderly have used the service.

However, if the name wasn’t evidence enough, Sammons said the site was designed for college students.

“We’re all young here,” he said.”We all understand college students. We’re not a bunch of people back here in suits trying to rip college students off. We just want it to be convenient and affordable to all students.”