It didn’t take long for Lex and Terry to find a new home in Gainesville.

Local rock station 100.5 The Buzz will take over as host for the syndicated rock show. The news comes less than one month after it was dropped from its old home at 103.7 following the station’s change from a rock to country format.

“Picking up the show is a game changer for 100.5 The Buzz,” said Russ Allen, a programming director for Sunshine Broadcasting, which owns the rock station. “I’m really excited that the deal was worked out and we’re going to be able to carry that show.”

Familiarity to local listeners was one of the primary reasons Allen said the station chose to pick up the program, and he said it will be run in its entire five-hour form.

During the hours Lex and Terry ran on Rock 104 during the spring of 2010, the station attracted listeners in the 18-49 male demographic, with 17.9 percent tuning in, Allen said. He added that the next highest-rated station had less than 10 percent of those listeners.

“The moment Rock 104 decided to commit suicide and become a country station and Lex and Terry became available, we immediately began talking with the syndicator,” he said.

The station aims to have the program on the air by Monday.