After being thrown out of Saturday’s game, Carl Moore will play against FSU.

On Monday the Southeastern Conference notified Florida that the senior wide receiver will not receive additional punishment after fighting with Appalachian State defensive back Ed Gainey. The two players were ejected from Saturday’s game immediately following the incident, which occurred in the second quarter.

The Gators had the option of holding Moore out of the FSU game, but coach Urban Meyer decided against it.

“You can barely see it on videotape,” Meyer said. “I didn’t see it during the game. I had a meeting with him yesterday and the rule is you miss half of a game for retaliation. The guy took a shot and he retaliated.”

But UF’s coach plans to talk with his team about the incident.

“We don’t do that,” Meyer said. “I’m going to re-emphasize that with the team that there is a fighting rule. Our guys have been decent about that. But a lot of things happen during the course of a game. Whether you get hit first (or not), you just have to walk away from it.”

FSU-UF rivalry: Before Meyer became Florida’s coach in 2005, he was already interested in the rivalry between UF and FSU.

“Both were the fastest teams in college football,” he said. “Everybody watched that game, and you wouldn’t miss it, a lot like the Florida-Georgia game.”

Even when he was the head coach at either Bowling Green or Utah, he made sure not to miss the in-state showdown.

“You just could not miss it if it was on TV, and if you had to do something else at the time, like maybe coach another game, you would always watch the score afterward because that was off the charts,” Meyer said. “I just remember the great athletes, and the speed of the game was just second to none.”

Injuries: The Gators continue to be plagued with injuries.

Meyer said he expects kicker Caleb Sturgis (back), who has not played since Sept. 25 against Kentucky, to request a medical hardship.

The UF coach also listed wide receiver Andre Debose (ankle), cornerback Jeremy Brown (hamstring) and linebacker A.J. Jones (hamstring) as probable for Saturday’s matchup with FSU.

Freshman Dominique Easley is questionable, while cornerback Janoris Jenkins’ status is unknown after suffering a concussion against Appalachian State.