The Fine Arts courtyard was filled with students unpacking their artwork and anticipating the start of Art Bash 2010 on Friday night.

Art Bash is an annual art show that showcases students' artwork in areas such as photography, graphic design, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics and digital media.

Wes Kline, assistant photo professor, said a couple hundred students showcased their artwork this year.

"It's a chance for people to see the artist's work in their studios instead of a gallery," Kline said.

He said every classroom in the school of Art and Art History were used.

Rocky Rockwell, who works in the UF International Center, said he likes contemporary art the best, specifically paintings.

"I really like to see all the passionate art students displaying their work," Rockwell said. "The idea of all the artists being in one place is great to see."

Art Bash also featured a ceramic sale. Ashley Roberts, senior ceramics major, said the sale will provide good exposure to the community.

"It will keep people coming back to buy your work," Roberts said. "Being featured in something like this is really good publicity for myself along with other artists."

She said being featured in an art event alongside her classmates is really exciting.

Raquel Kalil, a fourth-year architecture major said she has been to Art Bash four times.

"Every year it's really nice and refreshing to see what everyone is doing in each department," Kalil said.

Romana Newbold, a senior painting major, showcased five paintings and some drawings in this year's event.

She said she has been drawing her whole life, but she didn't consider the field of Fine Arts until her freshman year of high school.

She said she this is her fifth time at Art Bash and her last time being featured in the event.

"It's terrifying and exciting at the same time," Newbold said. "I'm ready to start doing this as a living."

She said hearing positive feedback about her work is really satisfying.

"It's validating in a way, since it's a limited group of people," Newbold said.