C-SPAN is previewing a new Digital Bus in Gainesville on Wednesday, making a stop at Eastside High School and Cox Digital Store located on Northwest 43rd Street.

C-SPAN’s newly customized 45-foot Prevost coach aims to engage visitors of all ages through interactive multimedia.

Visitors who tour the bus can learn about C-SPAN’s programming through high-tech platforms like high definition TVs, iPads, laptops and touch-screen TVs.

“This is our way to go out in communities and let people know what all we have to offer,” said Rachel Katz, a marketing representative for C-SPAN.

The hands-on displays highlight the network’s video archive, mobile application devices and social media offerings with special resources for teachers and their students.

Katz said the bus shows students how they can maximize C-SPAN’s online resources for school research from the comfort of their home.

At each of the locations, C-SPAN will also be introducing its 2011 StudentCam documentary film competition, which encourages high-school and middle-school students to create short film about issues that affect their local communities.

This year’s theme is “Washington, DC — Through My Lens” which allows students to discuss a topic that helped them better understand the role of the federal government in their life.