Fresh off an election cycle, Alachua County Commissioner Susan Baird is not hesitant about stepping into the world of campaigning.

Baird is making her support known, contributing money to four candidates in the Gainesville City Commission race: Rob Zeller, Don Marsh, Robert Krames and Todd Chase.

She donated between $100 and $200 to each candidate. So far, she is the only Alachua County Commissioner to donate to a candidate.

She said she always sets money aside for charities, and this year she used some of that money to support candidates who will create jobs.

“I think the best charity right now is jobs for a lot of people,” Baird said.

Krames said he appreciates Baird’s support.

“I agree with Susan on a vast majority of issues,” he said.

Two of the candidates she supports, Robert Krames and Todd Chase, are running against each other for the District 2 seat.

“I don’t care which one of those wins,” she said.  “They’re both great. Just give me one.”

None of the candidates Baird is endorsing is currently in office. Baird said she isn’t supporting the current commissioners because they’ve voted for tax increases, the fire assessment fee and other measures that she doesn’t agree with.

“It’s not that I don’t like them,” she said. “I just don’t believe in their philosophies.”