After the stockings have been stowed and the fireworks extinguished, it may be tough to get out of bed in the morning. Sadly, the days of overeating, not working out and sleeping in are gone, only to be replaced by the chaos that is the first week of classes: alarms that seem to go off too early, book-buying and hunting for new classrooms. Here comes the post-holiday funk. Try just one of these remedies, and we’re sure your former holiday cheer will be restored.

Throw a tacky sweater party. When else will you wear that embarrassing winter wear your aunt gave you? Serve peppermint party shots: mix 1/2 oz. crème de cacao, 1/2 oz. peppermint schnapps and 1 oz. cream. It’s like Christmas in your mouth – but with a kick.

Use your Christmas cash to take a trip. Visit a  friend at a neighboring school, take a cross-country road trip on a weekend or go to a theme park. Don’t think it’s not deserved. You dragged your sorry behind back to Gainesville – that’s reason enough to reward yourself.

Get out of your dorm. Even though New Year’s Eve has passed, there’s nothing wrong with going out and pretending like it’s still here. Anyway, the new year is still fresh. Party hard and ring in 2011 right.

Watch Gator basketball. The sport may not get as much hype as football and may not seem as exciting (last season excluded), but a little school spirit can only do the soul good.

Bake a pie or sugar cutout cookies with friends. Who says baking and pigging out on sweet treats is only allowed during the holidays? Not only will you get scrumptious goodies in the end, you’ll also be kicking off the semester in your home away from home–with your extended family.