Folk CDs and books about censorship and birth control stacked the shelves at the Civic Media Center sale Saturday.

Customers looked through about 1,500 folk, acoustic and rock CDs, all $1 each.

Any books the library had duplicates of were on sale too. About 200 books ranging from “Young Radicals: Notes on Committed Youth” to “Exploring Human Sexuality: Making Healthy Decisions” to “Feng Shui for Apartment Living” were also $1 each.

James Schmidt, a store coordinator, said the sale brought in about $1,000.

“That’s huge for the CMC,” he said.

He said it has been tough for the library the past two years, but it’s staying afloat.

“I think it’s a crying shame when we lose those businesses,” Schmidt said, “because they are the bedrock of the culture.”

As customers flipped through the boxes of CDs, Schmidt explained the loss behind the library’s gain. A “much-loved” folk and acoustic radio show was canceled by WUFT, so the disc jockey donated about 1,000 CDs that she used to run her show to the library.

Randy Reid, the county manager for the Alachua County Commission, bought about 25 CDs from the sale, taking a sampling of genres from the former show. He said he didn’t know all the artists he was buying, but, for $1 per CD, the price couldn’t be better.

“I can risk a dollar just to try it,” he said.