After finding out about the zodiac change, Dana Orlando logged on to Facebook and posted, “What is an Ophiuchus, and why am I now one of these?”

Orlando is one of many UF students who was confused by the zodiac identity crisis that has altered horoscopes.

According to an article in Time NewsFeed, a discovery regarding the axis of the Earth and alignment of the stars has led astronomers from the Minnesota Planetarium Society to believe that there are 13 zodiacs on the astronomical calendar, as opposed to the 12 that the ancient Babylonians believed there to be. Because of this, the dates that fall under each sign have changed.

Sophomore Jennifer Wilson said her world turned upside-down when she discovered she was no longer a Libra and was supposedly a Virgo.

“I feel so confused as to which horoscope I am supposed to be relating to,” Wilson said.

Sophomore Hayley Johnson said horoscopes are too vague to be accurate.

“I think it is silly that people care so much about the horoscope change,” she said.

A rumor of the horoscope change only applying to people born after 2009 is also confusing students.

“I guess I will never truly know my horoscope,” Wilson said. “I think people just need to continue to have faith in what they have always believed in.”