A lot of pesky things can get in the way of drinking lots of alcohol: school, work, parents, religion, money — and the list goes on. In good conscience, I can’t help you with your obligations to time or morality, but I can help you drink on a budget. No matter the occasion and no matter the financial limitations, there’s an affordable drink for you.

The best cheap beer

For less than 60 cents, you can enjoy a decent-tasting, 100-calorie beer. Compared to others in its price range, Keystone Light has a better taste and is less prone to defects. By no means is it an impressive beverage, but for saving money and keeping the beer pong table stocked, it can’t be beat.

A small step up

If you have a little more money (or pride), a dramatic budget increase isn’t necessary to enjoy a better beer. Pabst Blue Ribbon, one such better beer, is about 70 cents a pop. But there are caveats: You’re looking at a 50 percent increase in calories, and a 100 percent increase in being a hipster. If you have the cash, Yuengling is the best beer for less than $1.

Wine

For less than $5 a bottle, you have to go red.

Red wine has more flavor, body and tannin — all of which go a long way in masking any unpleasant tastes of table wine. But, keep in mind: For less than $10, the style and region on the label don’t dictate flavor and quality. Drink around until you find a brand you don’t mind.

If you really, really don’t care

It’s understandable. Sometimes it’s been one of those weeks. When taste doesn’t matter, head to your local ABC and get 1.75 liters of pure death, which can go down for a staggering 27 cents.