Although cruising the Caribbean or fist-pumping on the shores of Panama City Beach may sound like a blast — and we’re not saying either isn’t — those staying in town next week don’t have to go far or spend a lot of money to be entertained. Gainesville and its nearby cities have plenty of fun activities to keep you busy during spring break. Check out the Avenue’s top picks:

Ichetucknee Springs State Park

Price: $6 per vehicle

Located at 12087 SW U.S. 27, Fort White, Fla., the park has a six-mile river and springs. Guests can bring their own tubes or rent them from a nearby store and go tubing in the park’s south entrance. 

Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park

Price: $6 per vehicle

This state park, at 100 Savannah Blvd., Micanopy, Fla., houses more than 420 kinds of vertebrates. Visitors can bike, camp, canoe, kayak, picnic or hike on trails.  Camping reservations can be made through www.reserveamerica.com.

Kanapaha Botanical Gardens

Price: $6 per adult

The botanical gardens, 4700 SW 58th Drive, Gainesville, Fla., has 24 major collections of plants on its 62 acres. With its lush scenery, it’s the perfect place for a picnic.

Florida Museum of Natural History Butterfly Rainforest

Price: $8 for UF or other Florida college students with a valid ID

Located in the UF Cultural Plaza at SW 34th Street and Hull Road, the Butterfly Rainforest boasts 60 to 80 different species fluttering around in the outdoor space.