The Independent Florida Alligator, the largest student-run publication in the United States, will be hosting an open house this Friday from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m at its office located at 1105 W. University Ave.

Students from all majors and academic backgrounds are welcome to come. The open house will give students an opportunity to meet and speak with head staff about opportunities available at the paper. Pizza will be served.

" Even if you think, ‘Well, they can't be looking for some clown like me...well yeah, we are," said CJ Pruner, editor-in-chief of the Alligator. "I am confident there are a lot of bright, talented individuals out there who could offer something special to our publication."

At this time, the Alligator is seeking writers, columnists, photographers, copy editors and anybody looking to gain experience.

"The Alligator is a great place to get solid clips that employers take seriously when they recruit," said Joey Flechas, the paper's managing editor. "Many writers for this paper secure jobs and professional internships from the work they do here, but more importantly, they make life-long friends."

Interested students should bring a resume, samples of their work and any ideas they may have to improve the paper.