As most of you know, a devastating storm system swept across the South on April 27, 2011, bringing with it some of the most destructive tornadoes in our nation's history. Tuscaloosa, Ala., home to the University of Alabama, was one of the most severely impacted areas. As of May 1, 2011, 40 Tuscaloosa residents had been found dead, with over 350 still missing.

As we move forward from the initial aftermath, Tuscaloosa needs your help.

We all feel the rivalry between the University of Alabama and the University of Florida. And come football season, we will yell and jeer at each other just as loudly as ever

But right now, Alabama is struggling. Without support, our town will not be able to recover. We need our fellow SEC supporters to come to our aid.

If you can give nothing, please pray. Pray for those who have lost loved ones, pray for those who are still missing and pray for those of us who have lost our belongings. My apartment is gone, but I am still alive. I pray daily for tose still in need.

If you are able to give financially, please consider giving to the West Alabama chapter of the Red Cross. Their main office is located in Tuscaloosa, and they have been on the streets daily since the tornado. You can donate directly to the West Alabama chapter through http://aprilsfuryrelieffund.com/

Thank you for your continued thoughts and support. Let's prove to the nation what the SEC can do.