After completing its third round just after dawn, the Florida women's golf team capped its season with a top 10 finish at the NCAA Championships.

The Gators finished the third round at 21-over. Hours later, they hit the course again and finished with an impressive 7-over 295, securing the school's 18th top-10 finish at the NCAAs.

"We had a chance to regroup and relax at the hotel before we teed it up again so that helped," coach Jan Dowling shared. "They fought hard today. This golf course, you're going to face some adversity, whether it's minimal or major."

Sophomore Mia Piccio posted her second straight 4-over 76 to finish the tournament at 6-over and in a tie for 19th. Junior Andrea Watts paced the Gators for the third time in Bryan, Texas, firing a 1-under 71. Her 5-over 293 was good for 15th.

Evan Jensen shot 73 and senior Jessica Yadloczky, in her last tournament as an amateur, carded a 3-over 75. Sophomore Isabelle Lendl ended with a nine-over 81.

"I'm very proud of this team. We're getting better and I loved working with them this year," Dowling said. "We went from not qualifying (for nationals in 2010) to finishing in the top 10. That just shows how hard they work."

Men's Golf

The UF men's golf team captured the Southeast Florida Regional on Saturday after a final round of 11-under 277.

The Gators overcame defending national champion Augusta State by six shots to advance to the NCAA Championships in Stillwater, Okla.

Four of five players for Florida shot under par on Saturday, led by seniors Andres Echavarria (4-under, 68) and Bank Vongvanij (3-under, 69). It was the second round of 4-under in a row for Echavarria, who finished only one shot behind the individual champion.

Phillip Choi recorded his second under-par round of the tournament with a 2-under 70 to finish tied for 12th.

Tommy Mou's round of 2-under 70 consisted of six bidies, an eagle and a smattering of bogeys, while junior Michael Furci shot a 3-over 75.

The NCAA Championships begin May 31.