<p>Benny Benassi will perform for an 18-and-up event at Florida Theatre of Gainesville on Friday. Limited tickets will be available at the door.</p>

Benny Benassi will perform for an 18-and-up event at Florida Theatre of Gainesville on Friday. Limited tickets will be available at the door.

The electronic-music scene in Gainesville continues to boom.

On Friday, techno fans at the Florida Theatre of Gainesville, 233 W University Ave., will welcome world-renowned artist Benny Benassi.

The 18-and-up event is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. and will feature opening acts Adrian Villaverde and David Solano.

General admission tickets priced from $25 to $45 sold out within two weeks, said Antonio Mercado of The Dynasty Group, which is putting on the show.

However, Mercado said, the group is in talks with authorities in an effort to expand the number of tickets for sale available at the door.

The Dynasty Group has also been working with UF's Student Government Productions to get the word out.

SGP Vice Chairman Jeff Schnier said the organization wants to help create awareness of local entertainment and is looking to show incoming freshmen what Gainesville nightlife is all about.

The Italian-born Benassi reached worldwide success in 2003 with his solo album "Hypnotica," featuring the widely known song "Satisfaction."

Benassi has headlined at music festivals such as Coachella, Ultra Music Festival and most recently at Electric Daisy Carnival.