What a six weeks it's been.

For most students, Summer A is a time to get caught up on a few classes, earn a little coin on the side or it's just a little pocket of time used to delay the responsibilities of the grown-up world (if only there was a plethora of jobs with 3-hour workdays that required copious amounts of boozing in between - damn you, recession!)

For some of you, this is, in fact, your final stand. Your time has come to take the world by the testicles and drag it down a trail of awesome. For others, this is where "the fun ends," and the journey to the parents' couch begins.

Whether you're a redshirt super-senior or a clueless freshman who still has no idea what the hell is going on (trust us, neither do we), we appreciate you and what you contribute to our university. It may sound hokey, but y'all are the reason we go to an asbestos-filled shoebox to provide you with this paper.

To those leaving: Thanks for making our university a great institution. Though the economic tides are rough and the opportunities may not seem as prevalent as they once were, you are fully capable of doing great things.

For those remaining: In a little over a week, this campus will be somewhat flooded with new bodies. These new Gators, many of whom were the best and the brightest in high school, are about to get smacked by reality - HARD. While it may be fun to sit back and laugh as Darwinism takes its course, remember the unhealthy amount of awkwardness and nervousness you felt stepping onto this campus for the first time as a student. If you see them with a map looking lost, help them out and show them the ropes. Who knows, they may be the next Student Body president or the next editor-in-chief of this paper.

But one thing is for sure, if they stay for the full four (five ... six ... ) years, they'll come out winning.