"Accio guitar, keys and drums!"

Harry and the Potters, the popular band that plays songs based on J.K. Rowling's series, will be stopping in Gainesville on Sunday. The band will play a free show at the Alachua County Library District Headquarters, 401 E University Ave., at 2 p.m. in Meeting Room A.

The show is the band's first in Gainesville in three years.

Brothers Paul and Joe DeGeorge make up the wizard rock band. They started in 2002 and have performed in venues such as libraries, doughnut shops, pedestrian bridges and residential bathrooms, according to their website.

The idea for Harry and the Potters came from reading the books, Paul DeGeorge said.

"I thought it would be cool if Harry Potter had his own band," he said

To him, Harry resembles some of DeGeorge's musical heroes like Bruce Springsteen and Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes because they, like Harry, stand up for what they believe in.

Paul and Joe portray Harry Potter from two points of time onstage: what Harry would write about while at school, and how Harry would comment on the differences between the Wizarding world and the Muggle world in which he was raised, DeGeorge said.

People who have never seen Harry and the Potters "can expect to participate in the battle against evil through the power of rock ‘n' roll," DeGeorge said.

Weaving around the country on their latest tour filled with performing, sleeping and eating tacos, Paul and Joe will have the opportunity to see "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" tonight at midnight while in Orlando for LeakyCon.

DeGeorge is free of expectations for the last installment. Although the movies are entertaining, he said, the band has always been more about the books, which have given DeGeorge a creative outlet.

"For me, it's totally changed my life," DeGeorge said.