In the next few days, a good number of you will be fully immersed in one of the greatest pains in the backside known to man as you fire up your U-Hauls, break out the boxes and load up your arms with as much stuff as possible as you bid your apartments/houses/glorified shitholes farewell.

For many of you, this isn't anything new. You already know all the tricks to covering up all those what-in-the-hell splatterings on your wall or that drunken-fist-in-the-door mark so you can get that security deposit back (hey, the midtown economy isn't going to stimulate itself - be an American and contribute to capitalism!).

But for many of Gainesville's newest vagabonds, the biggest inconvenience has more to do with schedule than it does storage. For those of you playing the home game, we still have a week left of Summer B, which for many people is finals week. Yet landlords and apartment complexes seem completely indifferent to this ridiculous inconvenience, saying they need time to prepare for the next herd of tenants.

Trust us, we know exactly how capable the average UF student is at turning their luxury loft into a Chechnyan slum and how such a resurrection may need some time. However, if you really want to cater to students' needs, how about addressing a practical one such as allowing them to stay until Summer B ends? It's not as eye-catching as a promise for super-neato, high-tech juice bars in every bathroom, but it would take our minds off of the parking situation.