Away game tickets sell out as quickly as previous years

Despite the Gators' disappointing 8-5 finish for the 2010 football season, UF students were still clicking the "refresh" button Wednesday night to buy tickets for away games this year. 

Tickets went on sale for the Auburn University, University of South Carolina, Louisiana State University and University of Kentucky away games at 6 p.m., said Mark Gajda, assistant athletic director of ticket operations at UF.

All tickets except those for the Kentucky game were sold out by 10 p.m.

"It's very common to see that type of situation last night," he said.

Gajda said ticket sales hadn't dropped since the previous year, when student tickets quickly sold out for away games against the University of Alabama Crimson Tide and the Florida State University Seminoles.

Rachel Wolf, a psychology senior, bought a ticket for the Auburn game this season.

"I'm excited for this season," Wolf said. "I'm hopeful that we'll have a turnaround, and if not, it will just be fun to go and support them."

Students are given 10 percent of the ticket allotment UF receives for away games, and the different universities determine ticket prices.