We're going to try something different Thursday.

As many of you are aware, the summer semester is drawing to a close, which means that, for some students, these are those precious, Disney-esque, cue-the-teen-movie-soundtrack final days before they get buzzsawed by reality. We are not immune to this, as we will be losing some of our staff to the green mile of grown-up world.

In past semesters, it has been tradition for the outgoing editor-in-chief to write an emotionally nauseating story where he or she reflects on how these were the best/worst days of his/her life, makes shout-outs to people nobody else knows and uses his or her editorial power to emotionally fap for an audience.

Our current editor-in-chief thinks you deserve better than that. He knows you don't give two squirts of piss about how instrumental a respective editor's "uncommitted passion for you, the students," is, his or her collections of cats or his or her love obsession with a certain carpenter from Galilee who helped him or her make it through this rough patch that is American university life.

That is why we're going to turn y'all loose on him and this paper.

For years we have been asking questions from you on a smorgasbord ranging from the ever-pressing to the seriously-who-gives-a-flying-f**k. Why should we have all the fun? This Thursday, we are letting you students, faculty, staff and anyone else fire at will. Nothing is off-limits. In fact, the more candid/bizarre/uncomfortable they are, the more likely they will be answered in print. In the words of one of Kenny Powers' latest hires as MFCEO of K-Swiss, "Come at me, bro." Send all questions to Editor-in-Chief C.J. Pruner at cpruner@alligator.org. Put "Question to the editor" in the subject line (just go with it - he barely knows how to use a TV remote, let alone an email account). Fire away - or else expect a 2,000-word litany on kittens.