Forget about any freshman jitters.

In her second collegiate round, Camilla Hedberg shot a team-best 5-under 67 to help Florida remain in second at Yeamans Hall Club in Hanahan, S.C. on Monday.

Hedberg tallied seven birdies — five on her front nine — and only two bogeys. She is tied for third on the Cougar Classic leaderboard,  three shots behind Tennessee’s Erica Popson.

“Camilla was just a blast to watch. She hit the ball great and hit it close,” said coach Jan Dowling. “Not only did she make a bunch of birdie putts, but she made a lot of par putts. Great putting, very impressive.”

The Gators finished 4 under par for the second consecutive day for a two-round score of 568 (284-284, -8). Florida is only one shot behind leader North Carolina, last year’s tournament winner.

LSU sits in third at 5 under par, and North Carolina State remains in fourth at one-over.

Seven of the schools sitting in the top 10 are Southeastern Conference teams.

Junior Mia Piccio and senior Evan Jensen finished the day at even par. Each shot a 1-under 71  in the opening round.

Jensen also made five birdies Monday.

Senior Andrea Watts had a rough day as she finished the day 10 over with five bogeys and three double bogeys. Despite her shaky play so far, Dowling said she believes Watts is capable of playing better today.

Dowling also said she has enjoyed the Gators’ consistent play and how they have avoided “any major mistakes” on the course. However, she still sees room for improvement.

“We were a little bit sloppy with our scoring clubs [Monday]. We had some free putts that were disappointing,” Dowling said. “We’re looking to get a little bit sharper with our scoring clubs.”

Asked about her team’s chances of contending, and possibly winning the tournament, Dowling said she was confident and excited for the challenge.

“It’s going to be fun [today], being in contention in our first event [of the year]. It’s what we’re trying to do every week,” she said. “We’re just looking for more of the same tomorrow. Let’s see if we can catch UNC and make a run at the championship.”