During the summer months, we found ourselves escaping the heat under the blissful air conditioning of movie theaters. Now, a piling stack of assignments and readings hardly allots time to catch a quick flick, let alone time to put together trendy, in-season outfits. Why not kill two birds with one stone?

This season, not only go to the movies but become a part of the movies. These upcoming and currently playing films possess great style that will propel your panache all the way until winter. After all, the streets are your stage.

"The Help" (Released Aug. 10)

Even though this movie came out over the summer, it's still going strong at the box office. Not only is its exposure of the Civil Rights movement enlightening and witty, but it also possesses great costumes that are suitable for fall. The movie takes place in the early 1960s in Jackson, Miss. Because it's already football season, what better way to represent a Southern tradition than to dress the part? Think of channeling your prim and proper self, only with bold colors, big hair and cat-eye sunglasses.

"Footloose" (In theaters Oct. 14)

In this remake of the classic 1984 version with Kevin Bacon, a new generation of dancing, singing, promiscuous teens set out to party in a town that condemns it. This movie is also all about getting down in the South, as it is set in Tennessee. Instead of dressing up (like in "The Help"), dress down. After all, what would a dance movie be without baggy clothes and off-the-shoulder shirts?

"My Week With Marilyn" (In theaters Nov. 4)

This film is for all those Monroe wannabes. This fall, channel your inner Marilyn with styles based on none other than the bombshell herself. The movie follows Monroe, one of her assistants, the trial and tribulations it takes to be a sex icon, and how valuable it is to sometimes escape the Hollywood facade. Utilize this opportunity as an avenue to display your true flair and expensive taste.

Key Pieces: bustier tops, high-waisted skirts/pants, hour-glass accentuating pieces, deep plunging v-necks

"In Time" (In theaters Oct. 28)

Starring Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried, this is a movie that takes place in the future when aging stops at age 25. The characters are not only particularly good looking, but constantly appear dashing in well-tailored, sleek clothing. The style featured in this film manifests in the idea of everyday couture. For this type of edge, think of crisp and clean styles, which ultimately ooze confidence. The essence here is to play up the use of black and white pieces. Consider this your weekend dinner and dancing outfit taken to a more sophisticated level. This will distinguish you from the stumbling helpless in midtown and flocks of girls downtown who are desperately trying to keep their balance in their four-inch stilettos. Perhaps Gainesville isn't ready for such class.