Growing up in an area that caters to college students can put a damper on the childhood fun of Halloween. That's why Campus Diplomats is hosting "Haunted Housing" today from 6 to 9 p.m. at Maguire Field.

The annual event allows the children and families of Maguire Village, a graduate and family housing area on campus, a chance to participate in Halloween festivities.

"We put it on for the kids because the student residential buildings each have their own haunted house for undergraduate students," said 20-year-old Tylor Wilhide, an English junior and Campus Diplomats' director of communications.

In past years, the event had a haunted house, face painting, costume contests, raffles and booths run by student organizations.

Among the organizations to contribute this year are Alpha Phi Omega, which will be making corn husk dolls; the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, which will be making slime; and Gamma Sigma Sigma, which will be holding a "mummy wrap" race.

The event has been held for about six years.

Wilhide said the event has stayed pretty consistent, and, other than updating the haunted house, not much will change this year.

"I think that we are trying to keep it the same," Wilhide said. "It has been successful in the past. We really get our target audience."