UF students want to take occupation to campus.

Occupy UF had its first meeting Wednesday to discuss protest plans.

The group is still forming its exact demands and viewpoints, but they include revoking tuition hikes, getting rid of all student debt, saving the Architecture & Fine Arts Library, ending corruption in Student Government, supporting unions, saving post offices and reforming Bright Futures Scholarships.

The 19 members at the meeting started forming opinions on these issues and how they will actually occupy a college campus.

They need 200 students to make any campus occupation successful, said Skye Schmelzer, a 19-year-old psychology sophomore and an Occupy UF organizer.

To get all students to occupy, the movement needs incentives such as free food, live music, volleyball, dodgeball and more, Schmelzer said.

One of the group's topics is to abolish student debt.

"I'm already $15,000 in debt for my education," Schmelzer said.

She said the group would like to see a proposal from UF President Bernie Machen to the state to wipe students' debt clean.

"We want our administration to show that they represent us," she said.

Occupy UF decided to wait to make official connection with Occupy Gainesville until today when Occupy Gainesville hears from the City Commission as to whether protesters can stay on Bo Diddley Community Plaza.