UF Army ROTC and Navy ROTC will compete Thursday to determine which branch is better - at flag football, that is.

The second-annual Army ROTC vs. Navy ROTC Flag Football Game is from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday at the Southwest Recreational Center Fields.

The two rival branches will compete for bragging rights, said Army Cadet Joshua Denison, a 21-year-old family, youth and community sciences junior who is helping organize the event.

"There will be a lot of cheering, a lot of noise and probably a lot of arguing," Denison said.

ROTC members also want to show the UF community that they are more than serious faces and uniforms.

"Although we are serious, we're also okay to talk to," Denison said. "We're students just like you; We're just doing something a little different after we graduate."

The game will be the UF version of the traditional Army-Navy football game between the U.S. Military Academy and the U.S. Naval Academy, which will take place Dec. 10 at 2:30 p.m.

The rivalry between the two branches dates back to the first-ever Army-Navy football game in 1890.

Despite the rivalry, Denison thinks of all ROTC branches like a brotherhood.

"We're a bit of a fraternity coming together for a greater good," he said.