J. Robert Cade, the inventor of Gatorade, died Nov. 27, 2007, at the age of 80.

According to the UF directory, he can be reached at 352-392-8592. His email address is also listed.

Professor Gerald Kish died in September after suffering a heart attack. But he is no longer listed.

Students, faculty and identification coordinators in each department can update the directory themselves, said Warren Curry, the manager of identity access management at UF. However, some people do not publish their information, and it doesn't get updated.

Students can update their addresses by accessing myUFL and changing their directory profile.

The information is stored in the identity registry, Curry said.

For a professor or student who has passed away, their information is marked with a deceased flag. The Office of Human Resources Services must flag for a UF employee, and the Dean of Students Office must flag for a UF student.

"It can sometimes take a few days," Curry said. "We have to be careful with that transaction."

However, the information on the deceased does not get deleted. It remains on the registry hidden from the public view.

The online directory updates at least once a day from the main source registry. Some cases can be updated within an hour, Curry said.

Unlike the online directory, the UF printed directory gets updated every year.

James S. Evans is a directory systems operator at UF. He notices that every year the UF directory is printed with incorrect information, including the information of deceased people. It makes his job tougher.

In last year's directory, there were 3,337 people listed without phone numbers, 1,900 people listed with incorrect phone numbers and 11 deceased people listed, Evans said.

"I was told by my supervisor that a few mistakes in the directory is nothing to complain about," he said.