Student Body President Anthony Reynolds to address campus issues

Student Body President Anthony Reynolds will deliver UF's annual State of the Campus speech at 7 p.m. today in Pugh Hall.

Reynolds said the speech functions as an update on what has been going on at UF and within Student Government.

He said he will focus on the effort to renovate and expand the Reitz Union. Reynolds had previously endorsed the "Make it Reitz" campaign, and the Board of Trustees will decide whether to approve construction at its Thursday meeting.

Reynolds said he will also address changes in the Student Body vice president's cabinet and office, as well as Florida legislation that Reynolds said will affect UF students.

Leaders of student organizations are required to attend the speech, but Reynolds said anyone is welcome.

"If anything, I would like to encourage any student who is free that evening to attend," he said.

He also said students are welcome to come at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments. The Student Senate will meet after the speech.