The Student Senate's Judiciary Committee educated students about legislation in its Legislative Writing Workshop on Thursday night.

About 70 students attended the event, which was held in the Reitz Union and led by Judiciary Committee Chairman Aundre Price.

Students joined group discussions on legislative committees and drafted a resolution in memory of Jade Guzzo, a UF student who died Sunday.

Price said the resolution will be presented to the Senate on Tuesday.

Students who are not senators can propose legislation if it is sponsored by a senator.

Economics freshman Brandon Pinkston, 18, said he was already interested in Senate, and now he wants to run for a seat.

He said the group-discussion leaders seemed to know their committees thoroughly.

"I felt like they cared, almost," he said.

In the Nov. 15 impeachment hearing for Supervisor of Elections Toni Megna, several senators said the error lay with the Senate because elections legislation was not rewritten for the electronic voting system. Price said that did not affect his decision to hold the workshop.

He said the goal of the workshop was to increase transparency between the Student Body and Student Government and encourage nonsenators to propose legislation.