<p>Senate President Andy Mason requested all senators wear tacky holiday sweaters to Tuesday night's meeting. Senate meetings will resume in January.&nbsp;</p>

Senate President Andy Mason requested all senators wear tacky holiday sweaters to Tuesday night's meeting. Senate meetings will resume in January. 

UF Student Senate Judiciary Chairman Aundre Price stood at the podium in front of the Senate the same way he does every Tuesday night.

Price said he couldn't come up with a tacky holiday sweater, so he turned his jacket inside out to reveal the shiny lining and pulled on multicolored striped socks under his dress shoes.

Senators clad in Santa hats, jingling vests and one musical tie passed a resolution recognizing Christmas and Hanukkah as religious holidays.

According to the bill, individuals in the past attempted to rename Christmas trees as holiday trees and change menorahs to candlesticks.

Graduate Senator Austin Brockmeier proposed that section of the bill be removed because it doesn't promote the goodwill cited in the bill as the hallmarks of the holidays.

Senate President Andy Mason, who was one of the bill's five authors, said the bill itself didn't need to promote goodwill, just protect traditions.

"That needs to be preserved by upholding the original meanings," he said.

The Senate also passed a resolution honoring UF student Jade Guzzo, who died in a car accident Thanksgiving weekend.

Senators Katie Waldman and Matt Mountjoy, who are chairing the elections rules committee, said the elections revisions would be presented at the first Senate meeting next semester.