Fifth Avenue Fashion: Too Cool for School?

<p>Outside, it feels like spring or summer instead of winter —
don't let the weather trick you!</p>

Outside, it feels like spring or summer instead of winter — don't let the weather trick you!

Even though you stalked ISIS for the perfect schedule and attended all your classes the first two weeks of the semester, old habits die hard. Let's be honest — like any good student, you've successfully managed to avoid buying "required" textbooks for the majority of your college career and have mastered the art of procrastination.

You may not actually be ready for the semester to come, but with scholarly style your clothing will say otherwise. Dress the part, and maybe you'll trick your professors into giving you good grades. If not, at least you'll look good failing.

The CollarThere's no better way to rock a collegiate style than with a collared shirt. (Am I right, or am I right, frat stars?) This look has a variation of styles from polo shirts to button-ups, long-sleeved, cap-sleeved and even sleeveless.

It's easy to blend in on campus with this classic look, but you can make it a point to stand out with the details. A pocket or fun buttons can give you a subtle edge on your fellow classmates. If you like to be bold, opt for a design in a unique color, fabric or pattern.

Pastels were popular among the new spring collections of 3.1 Phillip Lim and Diane Von Furstenberg, and zigzag patterns made statements on the runways of brands like Burberry and Dior. For the high-fashion female: Make a studious statement with these trends and turn Turlington Plaza into your runway.

To really be first in your class when it comes to style, try a do-it-yourself collar. This involves cutting a collar off an old blouse and sprucing it up with sequins, lace and any other crafty items you can think of. Peruse the Internet for inspiration and how-to guides.

No one will say you look stuffy when you're rocking a collar that has more bling than a hip-hop star's favorite chain.

The Ballet FlatThe delicate balance of professional and casual will make or break this look. In order to look like a student and not a secretary, keep things low-key with a fun ballet flat.

Opposed to flip-flops or sandals, the ballet flat means business with its playfully preppy edge. Paired with a skinny jean or a flowy skirt, the look will stay young and fashionable.

If an outfit lacks pizzazz in other elements, use the shoes to bring personality. Flats in fun materials like glitter or animal print catch the eye while staying true to the shoe's sweet simplicity.

The BlazerNothing says "I'm here to learn" like a blazer. It's professional, sophisticated and overall adorable when paired with the right outfit.

Avoid looking old and drab by keeping your coordinating pencil skirt tucked away only for interviews and professional settings.

Instantly add a touch of class by throwing a blazer over a simple T-shirt and jeans or a sundress when running to class. It's just as easy but will set the mood for learning.

Take the blazer out of the classroom and incorporate it into your nighttime wardrobe over a tight-fitting dress for a sexy, mature look while out on the town on chilly Gainesville nights.

The TimepiecePunctuality is key when it comes to class whether it's lecture or a due date for a paper.

Aside from keeping the time, a watch is a great way to complete and pull together an outfit. In a variety of colors, metals and sizes, there is a timepiece out there for everyone.

The CardiganPrepare to meet your new best friend. Just as effortless and comfy as your favorite sweater (and a million times more attractive), the cardigan will make its way from your closet to your heart.

This classic silhouette adds a touch of sharpness to any look. Over a tank top or a dress, replacing a hoodie with a cardigan removes the frump from an outfit and adds sophistication, no matter the occasion.

Go with a striped pattern for a geek-chic look or a classic knit for a laid-back learner vibe. Either way, you're bound to get straight As in style.

Making simple switches in your clothing choices can make life cuter and easier!