Tuesday night's Student Senate meeting featured the final approval of changes to UF's Student Government elections rules, and the rest of the meeting included several guests.

Gainesville City Commission candidate James Ingle spoke to the Senate about what he calls student and city issues. Ingle, an electrician and teacher in Gainesville, discussed public safety issues, such as the bus system and bar closings.

"At 2 p.m., every bar shoves everyone on the street at the same time," he said. He said it was a direct result of poor planning.

Ingle wants bars to stop serving alcohol at 2 a.m., but close at 4 a.m.

UF's Supervisor of Elections, Toni Megna, also made an appearance at the meeting. She announced that she would not hold the ACCENT Speaker's Bureau vice chair position she was appointed to.

According to the UF Student Government statutes, the Supervisor of Elections shall not hold any other position or office in SG. The Supervisor of Elections also shall not be an executive officer of any SG-funded organizations while serving as the Supervisor of Elections.

Megna said she will remain as the Supervisor of Elections instead of accepting the ACCENT position.

Senators approved 10 students for the Assistant Supervisors of Elections. Megna appointed nine students, and Senate President Andy Mason appointed one.

Senators also unanimously voted to increase the number of UF Supreme Court Justices from four to six, excluding the Chief Justice. Five members must be present to make a decision instead of four, and four of the members must be in agreement for a decision to be made.

Former Student Body President Ben Meyers and current President Anthony Reynolds spoke to pay respects to Sandy Vernon, the SG office manager, who died last weekend.

Reynolds said she worked at the SG office for more than 25 years.

"We should all strive to be more like Ms. Sandy," he said.