The highly critical responses to a recent letter written by the Student Body president are extremely biased and one-sided. With elections coming up fast, we have seen increases in these baseless attacks, especially in response to a recent letter written by the Student Body president, in which he explains the stance and reasoning behind his decision on HJR931 and SJR1508.

Reynolds clearly and articulately stated that his intentions will largely benefit the UF and FSU student bodies.

This claim has been made on numerous other smaller college campuses.

To say that our Student Body president fails to meet the needs of the UF students and further condemn his clearly informative letter as "confusing" and "enraging," one must question the writer of these responses and his motives.

Reynolds' decision in Tallahassee, a move that clearly favors UF students above all other state colleges and universities in the state, is already proof enough that our Student Body president serves the best interests of UF students, despite overwhelming odds.

The open transparency and willingness to further explain his actions to the Student Body shows he has nothing to hide.

In Reynolds' short tenure as both vice president and president, much restructuring work has gone into the SG cabinet, block tuition was successfully averted and overall spending within SG was scrutinized and reduced or eliminated.

While I agree that much work is still needed, Reynolds has done an excellent job serving the Student Body.

It is easy to get caught up in the political bashing, biased insults and false accusations that are characteristic of every election season.

However, we should not forget, belittle and deny the enormous contributions that the SG leaders have accomplished in their short tenure for the benefit of The Gator Nation.

Andrew Chu

UF alumnus