<p>Sen. Carly Wilson, Students Party treasurer candidate, speaks at the third annual Asian American Student Union Student Government Debate on Monday night.</p>

Sen. Carly Wilson, Students Party treasurer candidate, speaks at the third annual Asian American Student Union Student Government Debate on Monday night.

Student Government executive candidates from the Students Party and the Unite Party discussed safety, financial and sustainability issues at a Monday night debate.

About 100 students showed up to the debate, which was hosted by the Asian American Student Union and Asian Pacific Islander American Affairs.

Students can vote for the Student Body president, vice president and treasurer in the Feb. 21 and 22 elections.

Candidates from both parties emphasized safety. Unite Party presidential candidate and current Student Body Treasurer Tj Villamil said the party wants to add lit emergency phones and defibrillators. He also said he wanted to expand the Student Nighttime Auxiliary Patrol two blocks off campus, which is now under the jurisdiction of University Police.

However, Students Party presidential candidate Alex Cornillie said this could bring liability issues. He also said he doesn't want to give money to lighting and phones because they are already allotted to UPD.

Tuition was another popular topic. Villamil said he wants to band together with larger schools to "[fix] Bright Futures problems."

Students Party treasurer candidate Carly Wilson said she wants to know where the 15 percent tuition increase is going if classes are being cut. She also said SG agencies get money that should be going toward other organizations.

However, Unite Party treasurer candidate and current Student Body Vice President Juan Rodriguez said there was no wasteful spending on the $40,000 cabinet budget. Rodriguez added that he wanted to increase communication between organizations to cut wasteful spending.

The debate also touched on the Make it Reitz campaign to renovate and expand the Reitz Union. Cornillie said he will focus on structural issues before making a "fancy" union.

Villamil said the Reitz is a student union, not a facility.

"It should be a place for students and Gators to share and collaborate," he said.

Cornillie said the Students Party wants to add recycling bins and solar panels. Villamil said his party wants to create a bike rental program and use more e-books.