Twenty-third man arrested in child-sex sting

The Alachua County Sheriff's Office arrested another man Friday in its undercover child-sex sting.

Manuel S. Hudson, 33, of Ocala, was charged with four counts of obscene communication after exchanging emails and text messages with who he thought was a 14-year-old girl and her stepfather.

Hudson is the 23rd suspect arrested as part of Operation Tailfeather, a joint investigation between the Alachua County Sheriff's Office and the Gainesville Police Department.

He is the second person arrested since both agencies held a press conference announcing the operation Tuesday. At the time, officers said they did not expect any more arrests because they didn't think suspects would take the bait in a sex sting local news outlets covered.

On Jan. 30, Hudson responded to a Craigslist ad posted by ASO detective William Patten, who pretended to be a 38-year-old man seeking "help" for his stepdaughter. He and Hudson exchanged emails, and Hudson implied he would like to have sex with the girl, according to an arrest report.

Patten also pretended to be the 14-year-old girl. Hudson offered to teach her about sex, according to police.

Hudson was in San Antonio when he started communicating with the man and the girl, but he told them he would be back in town Friday. They arranged to meet in Gainesville, and officers arrested Hudson at 10 a.m. Friday.