In the wake of a fire that crippled a popular pizza place, supporters have rallied to put on shows for the restaurant’s out-of-work employees.

Double Down Live will host a Satchel’s Employee Benefit at 9 p.m. Wednesday.

The event will feature local bands, including So Pastel, the Gleaners and live karaoke band 3rd Base and the Hits, according to Double Down Live’s website.

Admission will be charged on a $5 to $10 sliding scale, with all proceeds benefiting Satchel’s Pizza employees who are out of work. Satchel’s Pizza was hit by a fire on Feb. 28 that caused enough damage to keep the restaurant closed for an estimated three months.

Several of the bands playing also include Satchel’s employees. Wade McMullen, general manager, plays in the Gleaners and 3rd Base and the Hits, and Mark Rodriguez, kitchen manager, plays in So Pastel.

The event is the first of two benefit concerts being held for the restaurant in March. The second, scheduled for March 25, is expected to feature local acts Holopaw and Bamboo, and more entertainers are expected to sign up in the coming weeks.

Another benefit concert was held on March 2 during the “Where the Sidewalk Ends: Family Arts Festival” event at the Thornebrook Village shopping center.

Satchel Raye, owner of Satchel’s Pizza, said repairs are moving along steadily, and the focus is shifting within the next week from cleaning and demolition to rebuilding.

Raye said he is humbled by the outpouring of support that he and his employees have received in the past weeks.

“The support has been overwhelming, and I am so appreciative of what people have been doing,” he said. “It’s super sweet that the community has come together for us.”