A Gainesville woman was jumped in Forest Green Apartments on Tuesday after an argument about a boyfriend.

Gwendolyn A. Clark, Gwennesha M. Demps and Tabitha L. Gissendanner cornered the woman on the second floor of one of the buildings in the apartment complex at about 11 a.m. Tuesday, according to Gainesville Police. After yelling at Anquinta V. Quinn, 23, the three women beat her up.

Demps, 18; Gissendanner, 20; and Clark, who celebrated her 26th birthday at the Alachua County Jail, were all arrested on charges of simple battery. The argument began, Quinn told police, because one of the three women used to date her current boyfriend.

Quinn declined to comment Wednesday.

When Quinn was walking to her apartment Tuesday morning, the three women chased after her, running up staircases on both sides of the building, according to police. After they yelled at Quinn about her boyfriend, Demps punched her in the face.

Clark and Gissendanner soon jumped in, both punching Quinn several times as a crowd started to form in the courtyard of the complex. Quinn tried to fight back, witnesses said, but she was no match for three women.

After the beating, Quinn had bruises on her forehead and cheek, and her arms and hands were scratched.

The three suspects were not available for comment Wednesday night.

The numbers for Demps and Gissendanner provided in the arrest report were disconnected. Clark provided phone numbers for the PACE Center for Girls and Munchies 420 Cafe.

Shortly after the incident, Gissendanner wrote on her Facebook page that she was planning to celebrate Clark’s birthday Tuesday night. GPD arrested all three women at about 6:50 p.m., however.

On Wednesday, Gissendanner took to Facebook again to write, “IM BACK YEA THEY CANT HOLD US DOWN FOR LONG.”

Contact Tyler Jett at tjett@alligator.org.