After eight years, the Channel 4 News Team will assemble once more.

Will Ferrell, clad in his signature maroon suit, announced Wednesday on “Conan” that Paramount Pictures will make “Anchorman 2: The Legend of Ron Burgundy’s Return.”

The original 2004 film, “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy,” is a parody of 1970s broadcast journalism and its day-to-day requirements — with Ferrell’s classic quirks thrown in. The movie was nominated in 2005 for several MTV Movie Awards and a People’s Choice Award.

UF students and professors expect the on-screen shenanigans to continue in the sequel.

Kenneth Kidd, UF associate professor of English and film expert, said the sequel will be successful if it stays within the same framework as the original but has new and exciting content.

Brianne Wigley, 20-year-old telecommunication junior and WUFT reporter, said she plans to see the movie and is ready for the inevitable comparisons to her job.

“We don’t have newsroom brawls with other stations,” she joked. “We don’t have as much fun as they do.”

Bridget Grogan, associate news director at WUFT-TV, said the only time the first movie is realistic is when Ron Burgundy is tricked into reading something inappropriate from a teleprompter.

“There’s a good point to that joke,” Grogan said. “Real people in the real world can be tripped up by not being familiar with their script.”

Some students were concerned a sub-par sequel would cheapen the original film.

“You just leave it alone if it’s great,” said Reva Labbe, 20-year-old telecommunication junior.

Contact Ben Brasch at bbrasch@alligator.org.