<p>The Bartram apartments, located at 2337 SW Archer Road, will reopen in the fall after being closed for a year for repairs.</p>

The Bartram apartments, located at 2337 SW Archer Road, will reopen in the fall after being closed for a year for repairs.

After closing its doors for a year, The Bartram is reopening in the fall.

The Bartram apartments, located at 2337 SW Archer Road, notified its residents in March 2011 that it would close indefinitely because the complex had to undergo repairs.

Residents’ leases were not renewed, and they had to move out so repairs could be made to the roof, roof trusses, parapet walls, balconies and stair landings, said Linda Michalisin, vice president of public relations at Frankel Media Group.

“We are extremely excited about reopening The Bartram to residents,” she said.

The Bartram filed a lawsuit that is pending against the construction company that did the original work, Michalisin said.

Kristen Meyer, a UF advertising senior, said she was “really bummed” when she found out she had to move out of her apartment.

Meyer will graduate in May, so she will not return to The Bartram next year. Her friend Christina DeVarona will be living in Meyer’s former apartment.

DeVarona said she is excited for next year. She said The Bartram seems almost too nice for a student to live there.

“It’s beautiful,” she said. “It feels like you are living in a New York hotel.”

About 50 percent of The Bartram community is scheduled to be completed by August. The leasing prices of the units stayed about the same and were not affected by the cost of the repairs, said Michalisin.

The complex started leasing apartments about 90 days ago for rooms that will open in the fall, and there are only about 15 units left, she said.

Once the repairs are complete, she said, there will be no additional construction.

“We have been overwhelmed by new residents interested in living at The Bartram for the first time, as well as previous residents who have chosen to move back,” Michalisin said.