For some UF students, the next few days are just like any other weekend.

Seven of 27 students interviewed by the Alligator said they had religious weekend plans. The others either made no plans or were not observing any religious holidays.

Five of the seven said they plan to attend Catholic Mass at St. Augustine Church.

Nahil Carranza, a 19-year-old psychology freshman and nonpracticing Catholic, is simply going to a Saturday Easter egg hunt.

But Kateria Wynn, a 19-year-old advertising freshman, is attending an on-campus Easter celebration at the Curtis M. Phillips Center. Spirit of Faith Christian Center is hosting the event.

She heard the 11 a.m. service will packed.

At 8 p.m., Gator Wesley will host a Tenebrae service, in which the campus minister will read passages from the Gospel of John and blow out a candle after each reading.

Hillel, a Jewish campus organization, is hosting two Seders, the first two Passover feasts, on Friday at 8:30 p.m. and Saturday at 9 p.m.

Student entries cost $10, but according to the website, reservations must be sent to blair@ufhillel.org.