Football gameday parking might soon be stricter.
The Gainesville City Commission has approved a petition proposing a new parking permit and stricter rules.
Residents brought the petition to the commission almost a year ago.
With the new proposal, residents will have to pay $52.50 to get a season-long special event permit to charge for parking on their properties.
With that come new regulations:
- Parking will be allowed from 8 a.m. to midnight, or three hours after the end of the game, whichever happens sooner. Overnight vehicles must be picked up the next day between 8 a.m. and noon.
- Properties must be cleaned by 6 p.m. the day after the event ends.
- Portable toilets may be placed the day prior to the event and need to be removed by 6 p.m. on the second day after.
- All parking must be on private property.
- Residents must display their permits on site.
According to the petition, the city’s code enforcement division will begin issuing $250 fines in 2013 for residents who break the new rules.
Commissioner Thomas Hawkins said the city is drafting the ordinance, which could undergo a first review in late September or early October.
Contact Chris Alcantara at email@example.com.