This Fall, $10 can open UF students’ gateway to world-class performances. And they don’t even need to leave campus.

Students can buy tickets to UF Performing Arts events scheduled for September and October at a newly reduced rate of $10 starting at noon Friday. Each student can buy one ticket per show.

Last season, UF Performing Arts offered three ticket pricing levels ranging from $12 to $20, said Todd Taylor, public relations associate at UF’s Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.

To draw more students, Taylor said management decided to reduce ticket prices to what they were two seasons ago.

“Fifteen [was] way too expensive,” said health science sophomore Ashley Goez, 19. “I could use that for a movie ticket and popcorn.”

Taylor said a Student Government subsidy is financially “bridging the gap” between public tickets — which can cost more than $50 — and student tickets.

Three performances will not qualify for the reduced pricing: two Broadway shows and an orchestra. Students can buy $15 tickets for these events.

There is no online ordering option. Students must present a Gator 1 card at the Phillips Center Box Office or the University Box Office at the Reitz Union. Nonstudents can buy tickets at regular price and still sit next to student-purchased seats.

The sales period that starts Friday spans the next two months. It will include performers ranging from Russian folk group Ensemble Basiani, the Tannahill Weavers from Scotland and Ragamala Dance from India.

People can accompany the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain when it comes to UF on Oct. 21. Visitors are encouraged to bring ukuleles to play along during an audience-participation segment.

Taylor said the performances for the September-October sales period will take place either in the 1,700-seat Phillips Center or historic University Auditorium.

“We actually bring in artists from all over the world,” Taylor said, adding that UF Performing Arts rarely hosts local talent.

The Sept. 21 season opener will be Gainesville rock group Sister Hazel.

“I think the performers we bring in give students the greatest opportunity to learn about the culture of the world — in Gainesville,” said Michael Blachly, director of UF’s Performing Arts.

Students can visit www.performingarts.ufl.edu to view a complete list of upcoming UF Performing Arts performances for the 2012-2013 season.